in 1933 by Harold R. Williams, the company began its existence
as Fusion Engineering Company. Its first products were paste
solder alloys-carefully blended formulations of atomized filler
metal, solder flux, and special paste binders. Although solder
was not a new idea, its availability in paste form was - adding
a new dimension to the metals joining industry. The product
line was soon expanded to include paste alloys for brazing
early 1950's, Fusion scored another industry "first",
introducing the automatic paste applicator as a precise method
of dispensing solder and brazing alloys onto components being
joined. The appeal of Fusion products increased substantially
with this step toward a complete assembly "system".
This trend continued in 1959 as Fusion's Machine Division
was born, making possible the design and manufacture of custom
machines which automatically move fixtured parts through precise
paste alloy application, heating and cooling operations.
machines were installed in plants throughout the United States,
primarily in the thriving automotive industry. Eventually,
productive brazing and soldering spread to many other metalworking
sectors. A subsidiary plant in England was established to
support overseas activity. A network of agents is now in place,
bringing the Fusion Process to plants throughout the world.
Fusion is the leader in brazing and soldering automation.
Several hundred paste varieties are manufactured at our Willoughby,
Ohio headquarters outside Cleveland. Feasibility testing of
new applications also takes place here, supported by our Technical
Services Group, which provides input on the chemical and metallurgical
aspects of parts joining. These pastes, along with Fusion
applicators, equipment, and design expertise, allow our customers
to place "Total Responsibility" for their brazing
and soldering needs with one reliable source.